MeePasswords is a simple tool to securely store short snippets of sensible or confidential data such as passwords and the like. The new MeePasswords version 2.0 is now available for BlackBerry (BB10) Z10, Q10, and Q5 and desktop (Linux, Windows). The Nokia N9 version is in preparation.
Below are some screenshots of the BlackBerry version.
The most important new feature in version 2.0 is synchronization support. With the synchronization support it is possible to have share password lists, e.g., on smartphone and desktop. Version 2.0 also comes with a new user interface and is the first version that is available for BB10 and desktop (Linux, Windows). Additionally, the encryption with which the stored data is protected was improved.
Main features of MeePasswords 2.0 are:
- AES256CBC encryption
- Synchronization between Different Installations, e.g., Smartphone and Desktop (Requires an e-mail account with IMAP support.)
- Simple and Easy to Use User Interface
- Available for Smartphones (BlackBerry (BB10) Z10, Q10, and Q5, Nokia N9, and Nemomobile), Tablets (Plasma Active), and Desktops (Linux, Windows)
- Changeable master password
- Possibility to conveniently copy stored data
- Import and export of KeePassX XML files (Desktop Version)
- Automatic logout when screen is locked
- Support for Touch Screens and “Normal” Mouse/Keyboard Control
- Intuitive Swipe Gestures in all Versions
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Desktop Version
The BlackBerry (BB10) version can be installed via BlackBerry Appworld. Download links for the desktop version and more information like screenshots etc. can be found on the MeePasswords home page.
You must be logged in to post a comment.