I uploaded a new rootfs tarball of Plasma Active for Nexus 7. You can get it from here: http://files.kde.org/plasma/active/3.0/images/nexus7/ The latest version is “plasma-active-nexus7-testing-mer-latest-2013-03-12.tar.gz“. There you can also get the according .ks files.
Some changes are:
- Integrated nemo-compatibility (You can directly install Nemo apps via zypper and run those.). Please note that for some Nemo apps the icons are not shown correctly.
- Some pre-installed Nemo apps like: Twimgo (Twitter client), Kasvopus (Facebook client), Q ToDo (todo list app), MeePasswords (password manager).
- Firmware Installer for Bluetooth (You need to install the “nexus7-fw-installer” package and run “/usr/sbin/nexus7-fw-install” and follow the instructions.)
- Fix for the Rendering Issue in the App Switcher
- Use the touch version of Marble.
Below are the steps I used for installing and testing this new rootfs tarball. Please note that you are doing everything on your own risk and responsibility and that you will loose the warranty for your Nexus 7 by doing this.
# Prerequisite is that you downloaded and extrated the Nexus 7 MOSLO and changed to the directory in which the MOSLO zImage and initrd are located. # Start the Nexus 7 with the volume down button pressed. # When "Start" is shown, attach the Nexus 7 to your computer via USB. fastboot -c "console=tty1" boot zImage-moslo initrd-moslo # Wait until the MOSLO has booted and the userdata partition was exported. # You can check the dmesg output on your computer to see if a new USB device showed up. mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdX # Change /dev/sdX as required. # I assume that you already have a directory /mnt/foo. mount /dev/sdb /mnt/foo/ tar xf /plasma-active-nexus7-testing-mer-latest-2013-03-12.tar.gz -C /mnt/foo/ cp /mnt/foo/boot/zImage /tmp/ sync umount /mnt/foo # Reboot to the loader with the "Start" screen by keeping the powerbutton and volume down button pressed. fastboot -c "ro console=tty1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4 root=/dev/mmcblk0p9" flash:raw boot /tmp/zImage # For the 3G model change /dev/mmcblk0p9 to /dev/mmcblk0p10 # Detach USB and start.