Recently, I have been even more busy than usually. As one consequence, I couldn’t really keep track of announcing improvements in SkippingStones. In this post, I try to summarize the most important changes very briefly and add a link to the latest SkippingStones version. Great thanks also to Uladzislau Vasilyeu (aka vasvlad) for his improvements and pull requests :).
Below, is just an enumeration of the improvements in no particular order:
- Ability to Manage Watchfaces and Watchapps (Please use this with caution as it happened to me that the watch was set into recovery mode and I had to recover it via the Android app.)
- Support for some SmartStatus Watchapps (see below)
- Support for Media Player Controls including Volume via SmartStatus Watchapps
- Display of Current Weather Icon in SmartStatus with MeeCast (Requires a patch.)
- Display the Phone Battery Level in SmartStatus
- Possibility Hangup for PhoneControl
- Support for “CalendarReminder”
- Show Name from adressbook for PhoneNumber in incoming call message
- Fixed problem with non-Latin letters in notification about incoming call
I hope I didn’t forget any important change. Also, I don’t have the time, right now, to add more detailed explanations, e.g., on applying the MeeCast patch etc. For more details etc. see the thread linked below.
Please note that SkippingStones comes without any warranty etc. The new version can be downloaded from: https://github.com/ruedigergad/SkippingStones/blob/master/dist/harbour-skippingstones-0.17-1.armv7hl.rpm?raw=true
If there are no critical errors in this version, I plan to upload it to openrepos as well. However, for this, I need your feedback. ;)
For more information and discussion, please see the following thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92695